Wednesday 18 August 2010


It seems that we are reading from different editions of the blood sugar management book, am I right? Or yours is in some kind of language that you;ve not quite got the hang of yet? Look, this is how it's supposed to go: I cut back on the lantus, I eat toast and jam before bed, you behave. Simple, straightforward, where's the difficulty? Why then, did I wake again and test at 2.7 mmol/l? I'm waiting...! No answer eh? Gone all sheepish? You think I don't know what you're up to , don't you? You've been hanging around my pancreas like a lovesick puppy, stimulating those beta cells to somehow start up again whilst I sleep!

Ha! I got you last night though, didn't I? You just can't overcome peanut butter sandwiches can you? Especially when I team it up with another lantus reduction! That 4.4 at 3:30am was a bit feeble - all that lovely fat slowed the glucose right down and spread it way beyond my liver low! I must admit though, you've still got me a bit jittery about tonight. I've been reducing my meal boluses right back, and I'm still only at 4.7 before bed. Might have made a bit of a mistake with the jam on toast, but I wanted something sweet and I'm starting to get a bit tired of peanuts. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment